Monitoring environmental conditions of medicine, blood, and chemicals is integral for maintaining high levels of product quality, for safeguarding operations, and for protecting facilities of all kinds. Traditionally, this data has been gathered manually, with staff taking daily readings from sensors to confirm that systems and instruments are operating correctly.
But this approach has limitations: prone to error, time-consuming, expending staff resources, and reactive to—rather than predictive of—problems. Automated real-time environmental monitoring systems not only counteract these issues but also provide several additional benefits.
- Compliance, quality control, & risk mitigation: Switching from historical manual data logging to automatic real-time environmental monitoring provides the ability to immediately detect, and react to, changes in operating conditions. As a result, processes can more easily remain compliant with regulatory and quality control procedures—with full traceability, reducing the risk of compromising research or failing an audit.
- Simplicity, accuracy, & consistency: Removing the potential for human error, Isensix’s Guardian system functions automatically, providing accurate and consistent data monitoring and recording in real-time. It is easy to install, set up, and use, and it is compatible with all laboratory equipment and with multiple sensors.
- Redeployment of staff resources: Taking skilled staff away from important tasks to log equipment sensor readings is a waste of resources. Utilizing an automated monitoring system instead frees employees to focus on their assigned responsibilities, adding value to the operation.
- Cost savings: While an investment is needed to install a monitoring system, the payback comes quickly: staff costs are lowered, and re-work costs (due to equipment failures) are minimized. Plus, since a monitoring system can assist in avoiding an audit failure, there can be considerable savings in eliminating remedial work and in preventing loss of future business.
- Flexibility, scalability, & future-proofing: Manual data logging is inflexible, difficult to scale, and unideal when planning for future expansion. By comparison, a real-time monitoring system is adaptable to changing requirements, scalable (as new devices can be quickly networked at minimal cost), and foundational for growth.
Automated real-time environmental monitoring systems from Isensix offer a wide range of benefits for hospitals, laboratories, blood and tissue banks, and more. Providing power and performance, accuracy and traceability, our products and services are complete solutions for your facility’s monitoring needs—reach out today to learn more.